Quality Enhancement Cell
Investing in Quality, based on the ownership of Quality Assurance (QA) processes and Quality Enhancement (QE) practices for delivering high quality education, CUI envisages becoming a world premiere center of excellence for education, research and development. CUI has its own quality assurance regimen that reflects its strategic Vision 2020, follows the quality assurance program of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) for improved quality and research, and is also in strict accordance with the international quality assurance standards that facilitate CUI’s participation in the world university rankings.
With Quality as its integer and Excellence in higher education as a qualitative strategic imperative, CUI manifested its progressive mission by establishing the Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) in 2006, and since then, has taken bold initiatives to attain, manage and enhance quality at the institutional level in all its cadres as university management, academic and administration. The QEC, as an essential component of CUI management, is dedicated to an effective implementation of Quality Standards, processes of Quality Assurance and Management System, and continually reviewing the progress for enhancement of quality as per CUI Quality Policy.For this to happen, QEC has undertaken the development of a quality mindset in the university at student, faculty, and management levels, so that a practicing quality culture is one of the best practices at CUI.
From the date of establishment, the CUI QEC team at Principal Seat, in coordination with the Campus Quality Coordinators (CQC) in all the campuses, has been responsible for bringing realization to all stakeholders that the Quality Assurance program (a Continuous Improvement Process for improving quality in Teaching, Programs, Curricula and Research)is helpful in improving the quality of their professionalism towards the deliverance of quality education. To create awareness about quality in the students, faculty and staff, QEC is continually involved in developing a quality mind set in the university at student, faculty, and management levels, so that a practicing quality culture is one of the best practices at CUI.
For making CUI a quality-centric institution, the Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) performs the following activities:
- Quality Assurance and Assessment of Academic Programs
- Quality Awareness Training
- Participation in meetings of Statutory and non-statutory Bodies
- Higher Education Statistics Data
- Internal Institutional Performance Evaluation of CUI
- External Institution Performance Evaluation of CUI by HEC
- Preparation for External Performance Evaluation of QEC by HEC
- Preparation for Third Party Evaluation of QEC by World Bank Team
- CUI Preparation & Participation for HEC Ranking
- CUI Preparation & Participation for QS University Rankings including Asian University Ranking & World University Ranking
- Best University Teacher Award (HEC)
- ISO Certification
- External relations with other universities
- National/International Publications
- Membership of Associations/ Networks