SINGA aims at inviting students from diverse backgrounds and it also helps Singapore in becoming a talent hub. SINGA serves as a linkage between the bright minds of the world and Singapore. Students from around the globe get a chance to pursue their doctoral studies in the universities like Nanyang Technological University, the National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, and the Singapore University of Technology. This is because Singapore International Graduate Award is a collaboration of these universities and the Agency for Science. So, the candidates who have a strong interest in doing research leading to PhD in science and Engineering are warmly welcomed for this award.
Course Level: Ph.D.
Grants: SINGA covers the full tuition fees of the awardees.
· The fellows will get a monthly stipend of S$ 2,000.
· The monthly stipend will be increased to S$ 2500 after qualifying for the first examination.
· The fellow will receive a one-time airfare grant of up to S$ 1500.
· The fellows will receive a one-time settlement grant of S$ 1000.
· The settling-in allowance will be provided for up to S$ 1,000.
· The applicants must be international students.
· The applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree.
· The applicants must have excellent academic results.
· The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
· Only the candidates who want to pursue their Ph.D. in science and engineering are eligible.
How to Apply:
· The candidates have to submit all the necessary documents online.
· The candidates have to select the research projects by browsing the projects from “Go to Research Areas”.
· The referees have to send the reference letters directly to SINGA.
· The application process will start once at least two reference letters will be received by SINGA.
· Applicants who are applying through the SINGA portal are not required to apply on university portals separately.
· Try to submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline because once the application is submitted your referees relieve an email and they are 7 days to complete and send the reference letters.
· The candidates have to elaborate their research proposals in the application forms.
· The candidate can submit more than one or up to 3 research proposals.
Deadline: 1 June 2023 (annual)