The Climate Cohort programme is designed to support the development of climate change-focused early career researchers, in relation to research-to-action, with the view to enhancing the contribution of science to national, regional, and international decision making in the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Successful applicants will benefit from a bespoke one-year applied training and development programme, access to a global network of climate action collaborators, and support for co-creating a research project with policy and practice stakeholders
Level of study: Research
Training topic: Climate Change
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply as an early career researcher for the 2023-24 programme, applicant must meet the following criteria:
· Applicant is an ‘early career researcher’, meeting the following definition: a post-doctoral researcher with no more than 8 years of post-doctoral research experience, working in the broad field of climate change adaptation and/or mitigation, or enrolled on a PhD at the time of application and has demonstrable experience of leadership and research in the field of climate change adaptation and/or mitigation, who is in a funded research role until at least December 2024.
· Applicant is employed at an accredited higher education institution which is legally incorporated and situated in one of the priority countries (Bangladesh, Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, India, Kenya, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Malaysia, and Pakistan).
· Application is written in English.
· Application includes a letter of support from their Head of Department or equivalent authority (a draft support letter is available here).
· Application is submitted by the deadline articulated in the application form.
The ACU encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
How to apply and check the full eligibility criteria please click the given below link: https://www.acu.ac.uk/get-involved/commonwealth-futures-climate-research-cohort/researchers-call-2023/
Application deadline: 9 February 2023 23:59 UTC